At CENTRAL the safety of our children is of paramount importance.
Parents send their children to school each day with the expectation that we provide a secure environment in which their children can flourish. Central therefore has to ensure that this expectation becomes reality. In order to do this a wide range of measures are put in place:
The Designated Safeguarding Lead (DSL) for Child Protection at Central Primary School is
- Sabrina Wright- Deputy Headteacher
The Deputy Designated Safeguarding Lead for Child Protection are:
- Hayley Guthrie - Family Support and Safeguarding Lead
- Andy Young - Assistant Headteacher for Inclusion
If you have a concern about a child or safeguarding please ring the school’s office 01923 225129 and ask to speak to one of the designated senior people listed above. If your concern is out of school hours, and/ or you suspect for any reason, that a child is not being treated correctly, please contact the following numbers:
- The Police: 999
- Children’s Services (including out of hours): 0300 123 4043
- The Child Abuse Investigation Unit: via 101.This is a specialist team within the police with countywide responsibility for undertaking child protection investigations.
For information about e-safety for parents and carers please visit https://parentzone.org.uk/ which provides advice and support or alternatively speak to a member of the school team.