Health and Wellbeing
Health and wellbeing is an important part of the care and provision we provide for our children and parents at Central. Below are some details of how we focus on this area and provide support.
In Science, PE, computing and PSHCE, children learn about mindfulness, nutrition, exercise, healthy lifestyles and online safety. These areas are embedded across our curriculum in these subject areas.
Further to this, we offer bespoke interventions particularly focusing on emotional wellbeing including:
- Drama Therapy
- Drawing & Talking
External agency support
We work with a number of external agencies to support health and wellbeing. These include:
- BeeZee Bodies - support for parents and their children to live a healthier lifestyle.
- Family Support Worker - we work closely with our family support worker to provide early support for families.
Talking about mental health can be difficult. Here are some useful website that could help:
- Anna Freud - National Centre for Children and Families
- Places2Be - Supporting your child's mental health
- Mind - Information for parents