Our school meals are provided by Hertfordshire Catering Limited. The menu is published each week and we encourage parents to look though the menu with their child to help them choose meals that they will eat. Your child will THEN just need to select either the Red (meat), Green (vegetarian), Yellow (Packed Lunch), Halal or Orange (Vegan) option each day when their morning register is taken.
All meals must be paid for in advance and we encourage parents/ carers to pay for a whole week/ half term in one go so that they do not fall behind in school meal payments.
For more details about Central Primary School's Menu please click here.
Universal Infant Free School Meals
We encourage parents to take advantage of the free school meals available to all pupils in Reception, Year 1 and Year 2. Please sign up here.
ks2 Free School Meals
Children in KS2 are entitled to receive free school meals if they or their parents receive any of the following:
- Universal Credit, provided they have an annual net earned income not exceeding £7,400 (£616.67 per month)
- Income Support
- Income-based Jobseeker’s Allowance
- Income-related Employment and Support Allowance
- Support under Part 6 of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- The guarantee element of Pension Credit
- Child Tax Credit, provided they are not also entitled to Working Tax Credit and have an annual gross income of no more than £16,190, as assessed by HMRC
- Working Tax Credit run-on – paid for 4 weeks after you stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit
If you would like to submit an application for free school meals you can do so directly with Hertfordshire County Council by clicking here. If you would like support with this process, please let the office know.